Franklin,TN Expungement Lawyer
Our criminal defense firm can assist you!
Once a person has a criminal record it can continue to be a life-long problem no matter how long ago the offense occurred. It may necessitate explanation when applying for a new job or whenever a background check is done. Tennessee law provides the possibility of relief through expungement under certain conditions. Thus expungement of a juvenile crime or a later record of arrest or conviction may provide relief. If you think you may qualify for an expungement, consult a
Franklin, TN criminal defense lawyer to find out more. The legal team at Nash & Larsen PLLC has the knowledge you need to assist you in petitioning to have your record expunged.
Need a Lawyer for an Expungement Case in Franklin?
While there are a number of convictions which may not be expunged, there are a number circumstances which do qualify. An expungement attorney can help you file your petition and assist you with the court hearing if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Proceedings against the person were discharged under TCA 40-35-313 except if the charge was for a sex crime
- The charge was dismissed
- A no true bill was returned by a grand jury
- A verdict of not guilty was returned by a judge or a jury
- The person was arrested but never charged
- Successful completion of a pretrial diversion program
- A first offense, other than a sexual offense, committed prior to age twenty-one with no subsequent convictions
If your petition is granted your record will no longer be accessible to the public and will not come up on the usual background check. This can restore educational and student loan opportunities and affect eligibility for training certificates and professional licensing. A criminal defense lawyer at our firm can discuss your case with you and advise you on the best course of action.
Contact a Franklin, TN expungement lawyer
who can help you understand your rights and options.