Franklin Drug Crime Attorney
Concerning Drug Crime Defense in Tennessee
A drug crime is an offense related to illegal activity with a controlled substance. Drug crimes may be prosecuted by the state of Tennessee or it may be charged as a federal crime, depending if the offense took place in one state or over a number of states. No matter which court your case falls under, you are facing a formidable challenge. The police and prosecution are determined to gain a conviction in every case, so it is crucial to your future that you take immediate action to protect your rights.
Once you are arrested for a drug crime, the first thing you should do is demand to speak with a Franklin, TN criminal defense attorney at our firm. After requesting to speak with us, you should remain silent. It is very important that you do not answer any questions and only discuss your case with your legal counsel. We can review your case and do everything in our power to establish your innocence.
Tennessee Penalties for Drug Crimes
Many drug charges are felonies with severe penalties including fines and jail or prison sentences. The charges and penalties will depend upon the type and amount of drug involved. A drug crime defense lawyer at our firm is prepared to provide aggressive representation concerning drug offenses such as:
- Drug DUI: taking drugs then operating a motor vehicle is a crime that may be punishable by loss of your license.
- Possession: those found to have a controlled substance on their person or property may be charged with possession, usually punishable with a misdemeanor for a first offense. Those found with large amounts or have previous offenses may be charged with a felony.
- Prescription fraud: while prescription drugs can be a major help to persons with injury and disease, some misuse and overprescribe prescription drugs.
- Cultivation and Manufacturing: those found to be growing or producing an illegal substance may be charged with a felony offense.
- Sales: an individual who is found to selling or possessing drugs with intent to sell will be charged with a felony. Drug sales are also sometimes known as drug trafficking.
These offenses can involve a number of complex issues. A drug crime lawyer from our firm may be able to employ a number of defense strategies. An important part of this kind of case centers on police conduct and whether the search and seizure was lawful. If it is found that your constitutional rights were violated the charges against you may be reduced or dropped.
When your future is on the line, it is vital that you take action. You will need a criminal defense lawyer who is ready to dig into the specifics of your case and expose any wrong-doing on the part of police officers before or following your arrest and utilize any evidence found on your behalf. Talk to drug Attorney Brian Lee Nash and find out how we can make a difference in the outcome of your case. Are you looking for a lawyer for your drug crime charges in Franklin? Contact our firm and begin building a strong defense today.